Identity Thief/Jupiter Ascending/Hidden Figures/Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - Quick Hits

Here's a handful of some more quick reviews that were previously only posted on my Facebook page.

If you don't want to be spoiled on any of these movies, don't read any further because there are what could be considered spoilers in here. You've been warned!


Identify Thief. Despite the ridiculous premise (the dude's bank in Colorado didn't immediately shut down his card when thousands of dollars in charges started racking up in Florida? Especially when he said he only uses that card for gas and necessities? Not to mention that he's on a tight budget so he'd be checking his balance constantly and notice any unusual activity before it got out of hand? Ok...), it was a pretty funny movie. I think I'll watch Melissa McCarthy in anything, because she is outstanding.

Jupiter Ascending. Pretty damn good flick. If you have a geeky lady in your life, you would be hard-pressed to find a better date movie to take her to. Plus, it's original (and actually good) sci-fi, which we don't get that much of. Plus plus, Mila Kunis and Channing Tatum are very nice to look at. I know, I know, I shouldn't objectify people, but they are very pretty human beings.


Hidden Figures. The people who most need to see it probably won't, but it's an important film, and I hope more movies like it continue to be made. Go rent it now! Or buy it! It's probably in the bargain DVD bin. Or on Vudu for like 10 bucks. You've spent more money on less, I guarantee it.

Guardians of the Galaxy 2. No prior knowledge of the Guardians or Marvel comics is needed for this one. It's just non-stop fun from opening to close. Bright, funny, relatively smart, and poignant, I think it's my favorite Marvel movie to date (update: Thor Ragnarok is now my favorite Marvel movie, and will remain probably until Thor Love and Thunder comes out). Definitely one to see in the theatre with friends or family, but now that it's on digital, go buy or rent it, you won't be disappointed.

Comments

Popular Posts